my uncle caught salmon and gave it to us. well there was a lot and for those people who don't know.. fish doesn't stay good very long if it's fresh. you either have to eat it or freeze it. well the last thing we needed to do was put more stuff in our freezer so we end up forgetting about it and then it gets freezer burnt.
i made sure we made a couple different meals out of it while it was fresh to eat it up quickly.
here is one of the tasty meals we made [and just for the record.. i am NOT a fan of honey... but i really enjoyed this] i put it on a salad and it was delicious! the tomatoes and some of the lettuce are from our garden too!! it's so fun to use the fresh veggies we've been growing :)
found: pinterest [cuisine board]
makes: 4 servings
time: at least 35 minutes [depends on how long you marinate the fish]
1/4 cup honey
4 tsp finely chopped pecans
1 tbs soy sauce
24oz. fresh salmon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. combine the honey, soy sauce and pecans in a gallon zip lock bag.
3. sprinkle salt and pepper on salmon and add to the bag.
4. let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes [i did for an hour to get more flavor]
5. once done marinating, place salmon into an oven safe dish. make sure to leave some of the marinate to put on while it's baking.
6. bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the pink is gone in the middle. half way through, add the rest of the marinate on the fish and finish baking.
7. while it's baking, prepare your salad or pasta - whatever you would like to enjoy it with! :)
come link up and enjoy awsome recipes! :)
as last time, the same requests are there this time :)
to link up, please make sure you link the post back or take a button and use it on your post.
please follow my blog.
visit other recipes too! :)