i have a delicious appetizer for you today! i just LOVE bruschetta!! i first tried it about 5 years ago with some friends on vacation and i've been hooked ever since! i would totally eat this like every day (along with spinach and artichoke dip - i'll share that recipe another time!) for an appetizer if i could. the only thing that stops me from this is my crazy food allergies.. :( i am like way crazy allergic to anything acidic, spicy or citric so that really cuts back of what i eat and how much. i get so much joy from cooking though, so for most foods i eat them anyways and pay the consequences later.
don't these look delicious?! it's making my mouth water as we speak - my eyes are saying more, more! but my poor stomach and tongue are hiding in fear because they had too much already.
here is the wonderful recipe!
found: this is my own recipe
makes: 10 pieces
time: 15 minutes [10 to prepare, 5 to bake]
fresh french bread
2 roma tomatoes
1/2 of a small red onion
8 leaves of fresh basil [this was from my garden!!!! :)]
2 fresh garlic cloves
olive oil* approx. 1 tbs.
balsamic vinegar* approx. 1 tsp.
salt and pepper to taste
fresh parmesan and romano cheese to top it all off
1. preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. cut up the tomatoes, onion and basil. chop the garlic and place all to the side.
3. in a small to medium bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, basil and garlic. sprinkle in salt and pepper.
4. add in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. mix everything together. *i am so sorry! i didn't measure how much of each to put in.. you don't want there to be much liquid but you want enough for flavor. start out with what i suggested and if you need more.. add in a little at a time.
5. place bruschetta on top of bread and place in oven for approx. 5 minutes or until warm and slightly toasted.
6. place cheese on top and enjoy the deliciousness!
we didn't end up using it all, so we have some to spare [unless mr. b has already finished it off.. left overs don't last long in this household!]. of course we give it a double thumbs up! :)
happy monday to you!