good monday to you all!
what another gorgeous day we had! :) too bad i was stuck inside at work... but that's okay - someday i will *Lord willing* be able to enjoy the outdoors and life at home with the kiddos the Lord blesses us with! speaking of kiddos... man oh man have i had some crazy baby fever lately! i don't know what it is - but i love me some babies!!! BUT i must be patient. there are a lot of things we need to do before preparing to grow our family of 2. like mr. b. finishing school! (pretty important i would say), get rid of some school debt we have (also pretty important), and get ourselves a bigger home (not as important.. we could fit one kiddo in here, but not much more than that!). so looks like
we'll i'll have to wait a little longer before jumping into that season of life. :)
well.. as you know it's monday - so here is your MENU monday.!
this week is chicken fajitas.
i am going to apologize right from the get go because we were soo hungry we got done eating and i realized i never got a full plate photo for you - but i'll let you know it was delicious!! :):)
here is the recipe.
found: from yours truly :)
makes: 6 fajitas
time: 30 minutes
whole wheat tortillas
3 chicken boneless skinless chicken breast cooked and cut up into 1 inch pieces
1/2 green pepper
1/2 red pepper
1/2 yellow pepper
1 small red onion
1/2 package of fresh cut mushrooms
1 chicken fajita seasoning packet
2 fresh garlic cloves
salt and pepper to taste
desired toppings: cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream
1. cook the chicken and season to desired taste in a pan
2. cut up peppers and onion into strips. chop up the garlic cloves (i looooove my food network chopper. i use it almost every night when cooking!
i don't think i've ever told you i can't tell you enough how much i love my garlic too!! that is the only thing that chopper has seen and it does wonders!)
3. in another pan saute the peppers, onion, and mushroom. mix in 1/2 of the chicken fajita seasoning packet.
4. put garlic in with cooked chicken and transfer the peppers, onion, and mushrooms into same pan as chicken. keep warm.
5. warm up tortillas on stove or in microwave and fill with this delicious combo and add on the toppings!
6. eat and enjoy! you could even do a side of this other delicious recipe! remember that guacamole? can you say yum!
and there you are! we even did another side of mexican rice with it. we made this dinner night super fun! mr. b. had to make a quick last minute run to the store because i forgot to buy sour cream. well.. while he was out i finished everything up, got the table set and turned on a fun fiesta station on the radio and we celebrated in full! we laughed a lot and enjoyed this dinner to the max!
do you ever have dinner themes and get the whole family involved? isn't it fun!!?
have a fantastic monday!