i have been having a lot of fun making all these new recipes. this weeks was a little different, i had to make some adjustments and added a little of my own additions! i found this recipe from pinterest :) follow me on pinterest and find it under my cuisine board!!
here is the recipe!
roasted tomato and ricotta pasta
total time: 30 minutes
makes: 4 servings (we did 2.5)
1 cup of cherry tomatoes cut in half
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 tbs olive oil
1 tbs balsamic vinegar
penne pasta (i did about 1/2 a box)
1 and 1/2 cups of ricotta cheese
handful of basil, torn*
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast*
*we didn't have basil and used spinach instead. the recipe didn't call for chicken... but we wanted to add the protein.
1. put pot of water on stove and let it come to a boil
2. preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
3. cut tomatoes in half and put in a baking dish with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic. season with salt and pepper. place in oven for approx. 15 minutes or until the tomatoes start to shrivel.
4. cook pasta until al dente (or however you prefer your pasta :))
5. grill chicken on stove and season as wanted.
6. once pasta is cooked, drain and place in a serving bowl. add in the tomatoes and garlic mix as well as any juices in baking dish. add in ricotta, basil and chicken. stir to combine.
ratings: we thought it was alright.. it wasn't the best meal we've had.. but there are some things we would and will change for next time. we didn't season our chicken.. that's why i encouraged it up there :). it definitely would have made more flavor if it was seasoned. the other thing was the basil.. we didn't have basil. well, we did, but it was forgotten about for a while and no longer good to use. i have a feeling the basil would have added more flavor as well. (we like our flavor!!) but we are definitely going to try it again sometime!
hope you enjoy it too! :)
- jennifer -