PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Saturday, November 30, 2013

golden birthday


Growing up I always thought my golden birthday was so far away. Like it was never going to come. I felt the same way about my 16th birthday - I couldn't imagine what it would be like the day I would drive. But even more so I couldn't imagine the day I celebrated being 26 on the 26th. I woke up this morning thinking 'it's finally here'. I wanted to celebrate my golden birthday.. I mean, it only comes around once! But a recent move, job change, and crazy life happening over the past few months pushed those dreams and planning aside.

Then a few weeks ago my sister-in-law asked what I was going to do for my birthday. I was hesitant and said I wasn't sure.. she encouraged me to have a party. And to have it at my house. My eyes bugged out - I couldn't imagine having people over in two short weeks with our house torn apart. She immediately threw out all excuses of not having a tidy house, or finished construction.. and instead she reminded me everyone would be coming to celebrate me. Instantly all the ideas came rushing in of how fun it would be to celebrate in style.. in gold!

I looked to Pinterest for some easy and inexpensive party ideas to pull this thing off. The crazy thing.. there wasn't very much on golden birthday's for adults! So instead I ended up using some New Year's party ideas and made other things up as I went.

The night before the party I was running around trying to finish organizing the house and get the food prepped and finally gave up on trying to do it all. I just couldn't do all the things. I was flustered and texted my sister-in-law, our home was still a mess and the week didn't go as planned. Again, she reminded me people are coming for me and my identity was not found in my house. Whoosh. I needed to hear that right in that moment. She was so right.

And the party was fabulous. I have some amazing friends who walked through my door, past the mess and loved on me so well that night. So much so that I forgot to take photos of us all! My birthday was fabulous and full of laughter and memories. Just how I had always imagined celebrating.


We toasted to my 26th year. A year that will be golden and full of fabulous blessings from the Lord.


How did you celebrate your golden year?






No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks so much for reading! i love all your comments and emails - they brighten my day! :) i do read each one and respond too!
- if you are a nonreply commenter, please please please leave your email address! i would LOVE to connect wtih you too! -
xo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...