PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Friday, November 5, 2010

What Would Jesus Do?

Practicing the presence of God... this is not always the easiest discipline to do. There are times when I practice the presence of God more than other times. Brother Lawrence mentions in his excerpt from 'The Practice the Presence of God' the idea of having the actual presence of God. He says "I make it my business only to persevere in his holy presence wherein I keep myself by a simple attention and a general fond regard to God, which I refer to as an actual presence of God." This makes me think about the idea of "W.W.J.D." - What would Jesus do? As I go throughout my daily life - doing those mundane tasks, work, school, etc. - |How do I view it? How would Jesus embrace those things? Would I be doing the things I do if Jesus was right next to me?
Well - Jesus is next to me, in fact He is in me. So I must be more aware of the way I am going about my day. Do I recognize God with me at every moment of every day? I don't want to live like a practical atheist - that is, going about my day believing there is a God but acting as if he doesn't matter in my life. The readings for this week opened my eyes even more that I need to be consciously aware at all moments that God is with me and it matters. There is nothing I can do apart from God - and it is a huge blessing to have him so near at all times! It also opens my eyes to see the way God is working in me and around me. I know I've mentioned that before - but it's such encouragement to see when God is at work! I want to strive to push away any thoughts that interrupt me from practicing the presence of God daily.

"He himself is before all things, and in him all things hold together" Colossians 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks so much for reading! i love all your comments and emails - they brighten my day! :) i do read each one and respond too!
- if you are a nonreply commenter, please please please leave your email address! i would LOVE to connect wtih you too! -
xo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...