PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Fasting

For our spiritual discipline this week, as a class we did a fast. This was a great experience for me. I don't fast very often - and this week showed me that I need it in my life more. There are so many things people fast from. Some people fast on a regular basis and make it part of their walk with the Lord.

During my fast I read through John 6. I looked at the proper ways to pray and fast. This is a very important part of our relationship with God. As the body of Christ we are called to pray and fast. By fasting, we are taking away the desires of the physical self. It humbles us and allows God to teach us. I want to make fasting a bigger part of my walk with the Lord - not just something I do when there is a serious need for it.
Jesus calls himself the bread of life in John 6 - He explains how he is eternal life and it goes past the earthly food we endulge in. John 6:35 "Then Jesus declared, 'I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.'"

"You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. Galatians 5:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks so much for reading! i love all your comments and emails - they brighten my day! :) i do read each one and respond too!
- if you are a nonreply commenter, please please please leave your email address! i would LOVE to connect wtih you too! -
xo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...