PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Serving

This past week's disciplines were the ones of being in relationship. I chose the discipline of serving. It was a great way to connect with people on a deeper level while being able to help them too. Every day I asked someone how I could help them for that day. This showed me a great way of how to be selfless for a part of my day to help someone else in need. I learned from this too that it's so rewarding to see how people appreciate the things you do for them. I wasn't doing any of the serving and expecting something back. It was a joy to be able to give a helping hand either around the house, with running errands for someone, picking something/someone up and much more.
I don't want this time of serving to end here though. I want to continue serving people and seeking out the needs of others before myself. It was awesome to do this all week long with joy in my heart too. It wasn't because "I had to for class..." but I truly enjoyed the opportunities! It's such a great way to show how Christ has served us in SO many ways! This is the season of being thankful and giving. I want to be thankful for the opportunities to serve others and give to people who are in need.

I love this scripture - It's a great reminder of how important people's lives are and how much more important Christ is!
"Serve others wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people." Ephesians 6:7.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks so much for reading! i love all your comments and emails - they brighten my day! :) i do read each one and respond too!
- if you are a nonreply commenter, please please please leave your email address! i would LOVE to connect wtih you too! -
xo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...