PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Memorization

This week we had disciplines on the Word of God. It was so great to have all of these - I wish I could practice them all! (Hopefully someday I'll get through every discipline in this book..).

This week I practiced memorization. The first day, we practiced this in class and we picked a part of scripture from Mark 8. I memorized a part of it (not knowing the verse numbers because they weren't on there). It was so good to know that and repeat that throughout my week and think about where I am trusting God and where I'm not. Also looking at situations where I acted ashamed and afraid to mention God and being able to know that I am not ashamed of God or the gospel.

There were little pieces of scripture I read almost every day and memorized so I could carry it throughout the day and allow that to help build me up and encourage me even when things were not going as smoothly as planned. I think memorization is a great discipline because no one can ever memorize too much scripture.. I don't think at the end of my life I will look back and say "I wish I wouldn't have wasted that time and memory space on scripture...". I didn't write any of the scriptures down though - which looking back I wish I would have. That's something to learn from. I want to start doing that and being able to constantly have that repetition to help give me something to turn to when I need it.

"Aware of their discussion, Jesus asked them: 'Why are you talking about having no bread? Do you still not see or understand? Are your hearts hardened? Do you have eyes but fail to see, and ears but fail to hear? And don't you remember? When I broke the five loaves for the five thousand, how many basketfuls of pieces did you pick up?'..."
"If anyone is ashamed of me and my words, in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angles." Mark 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks so much for reading! i love all your comments and emails - they brighten my day! :) i do read each one and respond too!
- if you are a nonreply commenter, please please please leave your email address! i would LOVE to connect wtih you too! -
xo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...