PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Examen

Examen. Last week Monday we didn't have class so I didn't have to blog, which was a good thing. I didn't end up doing much with my practice for that week.. Things started out great but then I slowly let the busyness of life step in and take away from my examining. Well - I was given a second change. I had another full week to examen this past week more about how God is working in my life and in others around me. Well.. to be honest, things didn't go as well as I was planning.

There are some specific things that happened and I had a "that was God" moment. One day I was on my way to school and I saw a van pulled over with people standing outside because they had a flat tire. As I was driving I saw another car passing by that slowed down and pulled over to help them. It may not have been much to some people but that morning I was experiencing God is great ways through his creation. It was a beautiful drive - the different colored trees, the sun radiating in the clear blue sky; a great time to be alone and worship! (Fall is my absolute favorite season if you didn't know!! =)) Well I saw the car pull over and I was full of joy. It was so great to see people out there with generous hearts to help someone in need. That man stopped where he was going, probably on his way to work, and took time from his day to help this other family. I had a large smile and I couldn't help but pray and praise the Lord.

There were other times this week where I wasn't fully examening God. There were days where I was so busy with school and work and before I knew it the day was over. I tried some nights to reflect and think over my day but it wasn't as easy as when I recognized it in the moment.

Although I didn't do so well on this practice, it did open my eyes to how I need to make those recognitions when I see them and to stop and thank God for them. I want to be engaged with the amazing things God is doing around me and in my own heart that a day doesn't go by that I am overwhelmed with praise and thankfulness.

The Spiritual Disciplines Handbook gave 2 different scriptures for encouragement. I love this one and wanted to share it with you all!
"For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding" Colossians 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks so much for reading! i love all your comments and emails - they brighten my day! :) i do read each one and respond too!
- if you are a nonreply commenter, please please please leave your email address! i would LOVE to connect wtih you too! -
xo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...